The Old Stables @ Linden Cottage
Rental Agreement/Licence to Occupy/Terms and Conditions
This Covid-19 revised document applies to all bookings made after 4th July 2020 and remain in place for stays from 19th July 21 onwards, until further notice. Covid alterations/amendments are all highlighted in bold text and are subject to revision according to government guidance at any time. Guests will be notified of any revisions immediately.
By checking the box on the separate booking form you confirm that you have read and understood these booking and rental conditions and make the booking for yourself and on behalf of the members of your party and you agree on their behalf to be bound by such terms & conditions.
The rental agreement is between Sue Jubb hereinafter referred to as the “Proprietor” and the party leader hereinafter referred to as the “Client” for the rental as holiday accommodation only, as named on the booking form, hereinafter referred to as the “Party” or "Guest". The Old Stables is hereinafter referred to as the “Property”.
- BOOKING CONDITIONS
A deposit of £200 (the initial rental deposit) is payable at the time of booking. Confirmation of a booking will be effective only when this payment and the booking form have both been received. The balance of the rental, as well as a £200 security deposit (to cover any damages etc), must be paid to the proprietor no later than two calendar months before the start of the rental.
Failure to pay the rental balance and the security deposit gives the proprietor the right to cancel the booking and the client may forfeit the initial rental deposit (please see Cancellation Charges paragraph below). The client will not be paid any interest on either the initial deposit or the security deposit. The security deposit will be refunded by bank transfer or card, less any deductions, within 1 week of departure.
- INCLUDED UTILITIES
Electricity, Heating and WIFI are included in the rental fee (please also see Eco Terms below). The internet connection is provided free of charge, however, we cannot guarantee availability for reasons beyond our control.
All payments can be made by bank transfer to the proprietor’s bank account, by cheque (payable to S Jubb), or by debit/credit card. Currency exchange payments may be made by credit/debit card or bank transfer via Transferwise. https://transferwise.com/u/85cbf0 (Please use this link to receive a fee credit, enabling up to £500.00 in currency exchange payments for free).
You will be debited with all bank charges due to cheque negotiations, currency exchange charges, international card charges outside of the EU, and international bank account transfer charges, and such charges will be deducted from your security deposit.
- CANCELLATION CHARGES
We recommend that all persons in the party are covered by insurance including, but not limited to, personal possessions, illness (including Covid-19), holiday cancellation or accident. Here are some suggestions as to where you may find travel insurance:
https://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/travel-insurance www.trailfinders.com/insurance We are not allowed to recommend any particular policy, so please check these out yourselves.
Any cancellation for whatever reason must be e-mailed or confirmed in writing to:
LINDEN COTTAGE, STREATLEY, BERKS, RG8 9NB.
If the rental is cancelled earlier than two calendar months before the rental is due to begin, the initial rental deposit will be forfeited unless the proprietor can re-let the property under the standard terms and without loss to the proprietor. Any shortfall in re-letting will be forfeited from the rental deposit. If the property is successfully re-let under the standard terms, the initial rental deposit will be refunded less any associated costs such as additional advertising.
If the rental is cancelled at any time within the two calendar month period before the rental is due to commence, the client will forfeit the initial rental deposit. The rental balance payment, excluding the security deposit, will also be forfeited unless the proprietor is able to re-let the property under the standard terms and without loss to the proprietor. Any shortfall in re-letting will be forfeited from the rental. If the property is successfully re-let under the standard terms, the initial rental deposit, the balance of rental payment and security deposit will be refunded less any associated costs such as additional advertising.
Covid-19 Cancellation Charges
Bookings are accepted subject to the Covid-19 regulations in force at the time of stay. Guests may cancel a booking at any time prior to arrival and receive a full refund of all monies paid (less any international charges detailed in para 3.) for the following reasons:
- Government lockdown restrictions prevent travel to the property's location or from the guests’ resident location.
- A guest has received a positive test for Covid-19 within 14 days prior to arrival and is required by UK law to self isolate (evidence required).
Any guest displaying symptoms of Covid-19 during their stay will be required to inform the Proprietor, the whole party to immediately self isolate in the property, and to request an NHS test. If any test proves positive for Covid-19, the Proprietor must be informed immediately and the whole party will be required to leave as soon as practicable. Under these circumstances no part refunds will be given. Should a guest be too ill to travel home and need to remain in self isolation at the property, any additional rental beyond the original booking period will become due immediately at the advertised rate.
- ALTERATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
The start and departure dates, or named guest list under this Licence to Occupy cannot be changed without the agreement of the proprietor, and a new contract will be required. Should there be any additions to the guest list, any under occupancy discounts previously given will be forfeited. Under occupancy discounts are only available at the time of booking and may not be claimed if any of the party are subsequently unable to attend for any reason. The client may be liable to forfeit the whole or part of the initial rental deposit under the original contract at the discretion of the proprietor.
- LINEN/TOWELS/WELCOME PACK
Bedding and bed linen is included in your rental. One duvet cover, 1 fitted sheet and pillow cases (including mattress, pillow and duvet protectors) for each bed/bed settee are provided. Guests will be required to strip the beds and place bedding in supplied draw string laundry bags prior to departure. It is not permitted for guests to sleep directly on the sofas. TOWELS ARE NOT PROVIDED OR INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL, OTHER THAN FOR GUESTS ARRIVING FROM OVERSEAS. Basic essentials, for example, toilet roll, liquid soap and washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets etc are provided on arrival with our compliments to tide you over. However, as a self catering property, no further provisions will be provided.
- HOUSE KEEPING
As a self catering property, a charge of £15.00 per hour for exceptional cleaning will be deducted from the security deposit if you do not leave the property in a clean and tidy condition, or if you do not follow the Covid-19 checkout procedures supplied in the Welcome Brochure.
- RENTAL CONDITIONS
- Strictly NO SMOKING and no vaping inside the cottage or entrance doorways. A smoking shelter is provided at the front of the cottage.
- NO PETS are allowed within the property or curtilage.
- Arrival Times – after 4.00pm(Arrivals after 6.00pm by prior arrangement.) The client will be required to check themselves in with a secure key box. Full instructions and a code will be provided prior to arrival).
- Departure Times – by 10.00am latest. The client will be required to check themselves out with a secure key box. Full instructions and a code will be provided prior to arrival).
- The number of persons sleeping in the property may in NO circumstances exceed 6 named persons or, those specifically named on the booking form for any period during the rental. None of the named guests may be substituted by another individual during the period of stay. It is not permissible to assign, let, part with possession of the accommodation, nor allow any other person other than those named on the Booking form to occupy the accommodation. Any additional unauthorised overnight guests not named on the booking form, or exceeding the maximum occupancy, will be charged at £50.00 per person per night and will be required to leave immediately along with the rest of the party without refund.
- The property is hired strictly on the basis that the accommodation, its services and facilities are for the sole holiday use by the named party and no right exists for any persons not named under this agreement to be on the premises No right to remain in the property exists after 10.00am on the departure date, for the party or any person allowed into the property by him/her.
- Guests are not permitted to have visitors.
- The property may not be used as a venue for any form of entertaining and guests are not permitted to host meetings, gatherings or parties. We do not accept bookings for the purpose of hen/stag celebrations. Any excessive noise, nuisance or abusive behaviour towards the proprietor or neighbours, or illegal activity (in particular, breaching Covid-19 government guidelines) before or during the Licence to Occupy, will cause the proprietor to terminate the agreement without compensation or refund. The party leader (client) undertakes responsibility for all guests' behaviour and ensures that all guests comply with the terms of the rental. Children aged under 16 may not be left alone in the property at any time.
- Parking provision is for the party only (2 spaces). Additional guests camping in the car parking areas is not permitted.
- The client shall be liable for any costs incurred as a result of any delayed departure beyond 10.00am, or as a result of leaving the cottage or any of its equipment/contents in a condition which delays the arrival of incoming guests.
- The client will pay for any costs incurred and damages, caused by any persons in the party, to the property and its contents during the occupancy. The security deposit must be paid on account of breakage or damage, exceptional cleaning, excessive maintenance beyond reasonable wear and tear, excessive use of electricity, loss of keys and any other expenses incurred, which may become applicable. Guests are unlikely to be charged for isolated minor breakages (eg broken glass etc), however, any breakages/damages or loss to the property or its contents should be notified to the proprietor immediately, and not left until departure, in order to give the proprietor adequate time to rectify before the arrival of the next guests.
- The client is responsible for the security of the property during the stay and must ensure that all windows (including the first floor and Velux roof windows) are fully closed and doors are locked when absent from the property. Failure to do so could result in a claim against you in order to recover any losses to the property and its contents. Valuables must not be left on display. Please ensure that all valuables are covered by your own household insurance policy.
- The proprietor cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to belongings, or injury sustained by the hirer or member of his/her party during their stay, except caused by any act, omission or breach of common law duty of care under the Occupiers Liability Act 1959 by the proprietor. Vehicles and contents are left at owners’ risk.
- If for any reason (including Covid-19) beyond the control of the proprietor, the property reserved is unusable or unavailable, the proprietor undertakes to refund all payments made by the client but will not be liable for any further obligations or claims by the client. The proprietor will not be held liable in the event that any advertised amenity, equipment or service fails and becomes, or is unusable during the Licence to Occupy due to reasons beyond our control or to force majeure.
- The proprietor reserves the right to inspect the property as necessary during the Licence to Occupy, giving reasonable prior notice. No prior notice will be given if access is required for emergency reasons e.g. urgent repairs or power failure etc.
ECO TERMS & CONDITIONS
The property incorporates renewable technologies, including under floor heating, an air source heat pump, and a heat recovery system. The system is highly efficient and highly insulated to reduce heat loss. The heat recovery system continually supplies fresh air for a draft free and comfortable environment, negating the need to open windows except in warm weather or if recommended to under Covid guidance. The client agrees to adhere to the simple instructions as detailed in the Welcome Brochure for the proper use of the property's facilities, in order to maximise the operation without compromising the efficiency of the system.
It is not permitted to charge electric vehicles from the cottage, unless agreed prior to booking and for which an additional charge will be applicable.
- COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Should any issues arise during your stay, you are required to report this immediately and before departure, in order that the proprietor may be given reasonable time to attempt to rectify. Any complaints cannot be considered following departure.
Data is collected and stored in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and, unless we are obliged by law to do so, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
We request Data from you to enable us to respond to a request from you for information, or to enable us to complete a booking as requested by you. This data will be retained for 6 years for accounting purposes only. We do not use your details for marketing purposes.
If you contact us we will collect your name and contact details including your email address and contact telephone number.
If you make a booking with us we will also collect data necessary to confirm the details of your booking including number, name, address and age of all guests.
You have the right to request details of the personal Data we hold about you. You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to retain your Data at any point, other than data required for statutory purposes.
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, retention or use of your Data with the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
We are committed to ensuring that your Data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure your data.
No assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure is created under this Licence to Occupy now or upon determination of this Contract.
These conditions and any contract to which they apply are governed in all respect by English law and the English courts only shall have jurisdiction in relation to any claim or dispute arising out of, or connected with them.